Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Alder Creek - Gary Buhler

 I have been working as a painter for more than 30 years and this early piece is Acrylic on Canvas and depicts Alder Creek from under the Highway 26 bridge looking south. There is a nice series of small falls there which was the source of my inspiration.  I used to fly fish on that creek and love the cascading water. The image source material is from photos I had taken on the location. The City council had some money in the budget for artwork and this one was chosen for the library.  Alder Creek was the source for much of the water for Sandy which gives it local interest.   This spot is located east from Sandy up the highway and not far from the Ivy Bear Restaurant.  I am pleased to have this piece in my hometown and like to stop in and take a look at it when I visit family in the area. 

-  The essence of water as I see it is the cascading stream - intimate, reflective, transparent, and ever-moving.  The stream gives life wherever it goes and I find that water is a good metaphor for life, as it is beautiful, essential, and dynamic.  We are drawn to it and I can see the Creator's hand in it.  My wish is that many will find inspiration and hope in my work.-

You may wish to see my website: garybuhler.com for more information and current work.


No comments:

Post a Comment