Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Meet Our Teen Intern: Aubrey Anderson

 

We are so fortunate that this year, we have a teen intern joining us for the summer at the Sandy Library. 

Aubrey Anderson will be working with our teen library, Rebecca Hanset on some special teen programming for the summer. 

Within her first week here, she has already put together a Teen Acting Opportunity! 

Here are a few fun things about Aubrey:

Name: Aubrey Anderson

Age: 17

School/Year: 12 

Favorite Subject in School: Music

School Extracurriculars: I do lots of theater both with my school's drama program and with a local theater in Gresham. 

What inspired you to intern at the library: I have always thought that working at a library would be really fun and I was really excited to maybe help get other kids more involved in the community. 

What are you most excited about in your internship: I'm really excited that I get the opportunity to work with other teens to put together a storytelling festival for the community where we'll be acting out children's books. 

What is your favorite book: Stepsister by Jennifer Donnelly because it has one of the best endings to a book I've ever read. 

What is your favorite book series: Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling because fantasy books are my absolute favorite.

If you could see any book or series made into a tv/movie what would it be and why: It would be the Land of Stories series because I love fun fairytale retellings and I would love to be able to see the characters played out as real people. 

Favorite literary hero/heroine: My favorite literary hero would have to be Samwise Gamgee because he is such a good and loyal friend to Frodo Baggins.

What's next for you after high school: My plan is to get into college to major in Musical Theater and after that, I want to continue acting. Along with doing theater myself, I want to help teach kids and teens how to act, sing and dance. 

Welcome to the library Aubrey! We're so excited for you to lend your skillset to our team this summer!  

No comments:

Post a Comment